Chess Developments is a series which provides state-of-the-art openings coverage. Chess Developments focuses on the current trends - concentrating on critical lines, theoretical novelties and powerful new ideas. It offers players of all levels the opportunity to keep up-to-date with current opening theory whilst also expanding and improving their repertoires.
The Sicilian Najdorf is undoubtedly one of the most popular chess openings. It was played with great success by world champions Bobby Fischer and Garry Kasparov and today it remains a favourite defence at all levels from grandmaster to beginner. 6 Bg5 is widely acknowledged as a critical test of the Sicilian Najdorf. It leads to razor-sharp positions and hotly debated lines such as the fascinating Poisoned Pawn, where one small slip by either side can be fatal. In this book, International Master Kevin Goh Wei Ming examines the most theoretically important and instructive games in recent years, highlighting the main developments and novelties for both sides. Whether playing White or Black, this book provides you with essential knowledge of an important opening.
- Essential coverage of a popular opening
- Written by a Sicilian Najdorf 6 Bg5 expert
- Packed with new ideas and critical analysis
|eBook Price from||$19.95|
|Book Pub Date||31 Oct 2014|
|Book Pub Date (US)||30 Nov 2014|
|eBook Pub Date||No|
|Author||Kevin Goh Wei Ming|
Customer Reviews (1)
- British Chess MagazineVictor Rumsey
- Where the book really excels is looking at the 6 Bg5 Najdorf from White’s viewpoint. The main Black alternatives are given detailed treatment, and the lines given to bust the poisoned pawn with 10 e5 dxe5 11 fxe5 Nfd7 are especially good.